Thursday, February 5, 2009

Car accident


Well there you have it folks, my beloved car. Bye Bye baby:(


Doesn't really look too bad although it was quite a hit and sadly the car is a write off. I like to think it looks ok because hey, it was just one hot little car.
This car has value to me, I like to call it my St. Joseph car, or independence car. It was the first major purchase I made without any "earthly" male help, no boyfriend, no Dad or big brother. Now don't get me wrong, Dad and 2 great brothers would have helped me, but it was important to me to research, save and finalize this puppy on my own. Ok not on my own.
I felt very alone at that point in my life in 2002 when I bought this sweet prize. I just had a major breakup of a serious long term relationship (little did I know I was literally days away from meeting my now spouse and love of my life). When I went to purchase this beauty I really entrusted myself to the prayers and concerns of St. Joseph who I believe can help me out from heaven with his prayers. He being protecter and guardian of Jesus, I figure he can pull a thing or two off for me. There is something about a single girl having St Joseph watching out for her.
In that same month of February 2002 I purhased this car and made a special prayer pilgrimage to Mexico in which I entrusted my whole life to God through the care of St. Joseph. Within days after meeting Vincent through an introduction from his sister, we were both pretty certain that our prayers had been answered.
Again today as I plowed into a lady who sadly wasnt looking where she was going and pulled out into my lane from a parking lot while I was driving on a road 2 blocks from home, I sensed the presence of St. Joseph protecting me still in that car. I prayed in that moment that he would protect her as well and thankfully he did. I tried so hard to stop my car but there was just not enough space and time. Someday I will simply run out of space and time altogether, but today just wasn't my time.

1 comment:

Kasia said...

I'm so sorry that happened! Car accidents are emotionally traumatizing. So glad you and the lady are safe. Hope the insurance stuff works out too.
XOXOXO