Sunday, October 18, 2009

4-8 weeks and counting!












I know, a little overboard right? The whole 4-8 weeks thing. I never know what to tell people. I have gone 2-3 weeks late with the last 3 babies so I always plan on that, but I guess if God wanted to have a lot of mercy on me I could happily and safely have my baby in 4 weeks, yeah!
Yes the baby ticker at the top of the blog is off by 4-5 days.
S0 4-8 weeks, ahh.
Are we ready? Heck no.
I have never experienced as much anticpation and joy yet as the great moments awaiting another birth, yet the situation of 4 kids all 5 and under is frightening. Still, how incredibly blessed are we.

This weekend we gave the kids haircuts, always a gruelling experience in the backyard with a lot of tears and hair crusted lollipops. After the haircuts, or was it before...came the pumpkin carving with Daddy.

Today after Mass and time at the local bookstore for coffee and story time we headed off to Natural Bridges where Trisha has been suggesting. We were so proud of how quiet our boys were whispering and walking slow along the bridge so as not to scare the Monarch butterflies who make their home there from now until March. Played at the beach afterwards and the kids got to fly their new fighter plane kite.

Hope you all had a great weekend, and a great big hello to our families, especially Eileen's brother and sister in law that they have a safe time on their trip to Japan where they just arrived.

2 comments:

Maripaz Rouleau said...

I enjoy reading your blog! And sooo excited for that baby of yours to arrive! Love the pics. The one of Vincent, Therese and Joseph is cute because Vincent and Joseph both have the same look. And yes, haircuts with Xavier are sooo bad too. It usually takes us 2 days. I had to pin him down the other day in the bathroom and then shower him down in the tub. He got to watch a movie afterwards and eat candy. Then the next day to finish the haircut we let him play with the ipod while we cut his hair.

Anyway, should get to bed. Jude's still up, he's teething.

Faith G said...

I know one family that can only cut their kids hair when hes asleep. So they put him to bed on his side and cut it, then the next night they put him to bed on the other side and cut it. But on the day in between he comes to school with a half- shaved head. Its pretty cute.