This morning started nicely, Vincent taking the boys on their daily romp, a bike ride all around the trail at 7 a.m. Him doing the biking of course, while our 2 little princes ride in heir chariot, motionless, big eyed and silent.
The moment they walk in the door the action begins, "mama, mama, brekie, brekie!" Breakfast if you couldn't translate.
Kitchen safety tip #1- never try to scrape egg and grease out of a pan while still flaming hot. Doing so can result in eye loss. I tested the theory myself today and the result was one small scrap of burning egg flying into the conjunctiva of my left eye, not before searing the sclera. Ok enough nurse talk, it hurt like a missile firing through my head. Words flew out of my mouth at the same time, sounding somewhat like a cross between a prayer and a curse.
Top it off with a little boy who likes to wear his toast and jam as a hat every meal, and we have a well balanced morning:)



7 comments:
Eileen don't kill yourself in there
ok.I might cook some gingersnap
cookies on my days off.
Uncle Colin
Colin, I can smell the ginger!!
Oh my gosh, you didn't tell me when I saw you that day. Seriously, I had a classmate lose her eye that way.
Yes I really was upset , it was close and reminded me how ill prepared I am when I cook. I do it a we bit too fast and dont think before I leap...whew...
Hi Eileen. I love your site. I really didn't know what "blogging" was until now, thanks! I feel like i am with you reading your stories. I miss you!
Oh, and please do be more careful in the kitchen!!
Love cousin Dawn
hello Eileen, well, here we are blogging, I have to tell you this is the first time I've done this. I've heard a bit about it but we do Facebook all the time, well I should not use the plural, sice there is just me at home here. Anyway I find this wonderful and fun. I also get to see your boys and the little princess.
Now about cooking safety, one tip for today, no hot things are to be cooled quickly especially grease!
This is a professional tip, haha, remember I am a pastry chef. But don't take it too hard I've done my share of silly things that turn dangerous in the kitchen, better luck next time.
Fernando Ill take your cooking advice any day. Why dont you get your Mexican butt up ere and stay for a week we'd love to have some lessons. Vincent and I are known to be sorta ok to hang out with too!
Post a Comment