Friday, September 26, 2008

Reasons to NOT make Candy Apples at home





This looks plain gross.

That's right, I'm officially stupid. Despite two totally different recipes and trying all sorts of methods with my fancy new candy Thermometer, this Mom can not make a Candy Apple to save her life.


WARNING - Do not attempt this at home or with small children present. The words candy thermometer, cracking point, boiling point and red dye should not be used in conjunction with young tots, or for that matter with anyone resembling me:)

1 comment:

Trina said...

Too funny - I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me. I visualize this perfectly wonderful scenerio - a beautiful finished product and calm, serene, happy family working together to make it all happen, and what does it all turn into but chaos? Although, I am sure you did not have such an extreme case in this situation. The apples look delicious, even if a little messy. You don't ever want to see my sugar cookies.