On days like today I begin to wonder if “No Touchy” are the 2 words I’ve used most in my life. Ok I just said it again, now I’m convinced. Ironically I can say it in 3 languages, no make that 4, English, French, Spanish and Croatian. Maybe pig Latin though I never really excelled in that one.
Now I can hear my cute little 2 yr old running around saying “no touchy, no touchy” and it melts my heart.
Oh hey, do you like our music? I’m open to suggestions. Ok keep your opinions out of it. Sometimes music on a site can really irritate me and I usually end up shutting it off, so I don’t blame you for, yes that’s right, there you go, off goes the volume on your monitor. Ahh isn’t that better?
I have a meaning in almost each of these songs. Oh… a penny just hit me in the head. Man that smarts; I mean it’s so small but so shiny and painful.
I hope everyone had a great Fathers day. Where would we be without our Dads and those special Fathers in our lives? I am so thankful for my own Dad. His capacity for generosity and being so down to earth is just what I needed in this life to help me be more “real.”
I’m so thankful for my husband. I always look at him and think he is my dream Dad. You know, if you are a woman, we can all relate to this, we use to dream of a certain type of Daddy, well my darling is this. He is so patient and loving and strong. He really takes time to be present to our kids. His favorite times truly are lying on the carpet with his kiddos. Many times I worry about my kids, being raised by the she wolf that I can be, but then I look at them and think, with a Dad like that how can they go to far off course! He’ll save us all yet.
I’m so thankful for my husbands Dad, a true John Wayne and yet a Teddy Bear in his own rite, a man who has completely won my respect, not that he ever had to.
We had a wonderful day at the Beach on Saturday with our good friends D and L. They brought their Godson with them and it was just a blast, for them and us. Life the way it’s meant to be. We had a great chance meeting with a Dominican nun dressed in her full habit walking along the beach. Good to see some lamp posts of the Faith still left in a world so in need of Love.
Ahh, sometimes I think I’m soooooooo smart! I found a bargain, yup! Japanese Weekend Maternity was going out of business in one of their stores. Well I was there at the right time and place, even made it back twice. 75 percent off everything! “But, you’re not pregnant”, you say. Well, no, but I still look a little preggers and I’m sure I will be again, so now’s the time to save a load of cash by spending a load of cash. That’s the Scottish coming out in me. Even my thrifty husband was so proud of me for getting such good quality clothes at discount. Well…I’m just not soooooooo smart after all. While heading to a wedding, I was wearing one of my amazing skirts from the maternity store, so nice to feel comfy and look great eh! We needed a wedding card for the special couple and so Vincent dropped me off at our local Safeway (where I’m known by name). As I’m heading for the card isle I feel a little breezy and then I realize I must have lost my skirt somewhere between the snack isle and magazine isle. I quickly rushed back to get it but by that time I had officially become a Victoria secret model. I never imagined my big debut would be on a runway in the hallmark card isle, but we don’t always get what we want.
Needless to say I was very elegant in my pearl necklace and earrings so maybe no one noticed? Surely no one would think it of a prude like me. I quickly headed to buy safety pins and the wedding went off without further slippage. I guess there are some things you just shouldn’t put on blogs, but I’ve never been known for my closed demeanor. Perhaps I should practice more prudence… I hope I made you laugh, it would be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Eileen, Tony and I laughed until we were crying.
Love,
Trisha and Tony
Eileen,
So glad you started blogging!
Love,
Christina
Unfortunately I was drinking my orange juice as I was reading your post. Is there any way to get oj out of a keyboard?!
Post a Comment