Weekends are great. We get to enjoy the company of our spouse and children at its best. This weekend comprised of acrobatic displays from our 2 yr old resulting in a finger sprain. Next was discovering the tech museum- not such a discovery for kiddos our age (too young).
Then there was the ever beautiful but packed California beach! After ½ hr trying to find parking my heroic man dropped the kiddos and I off at the beach and went to park far away and hike back (prior to that he was so kind as to set up our day tent so I wouldn’t have too- what a man!)
It was…thrilling. The longest time we have spent at the beach in a while, a whole 3 hours! It wasn’t cold nor too boiling. The Eddie Bauer 3 sided day tent was truly the best 20 bucks I've ever spent and we use it all the time.
After lunch we noted some body boarding going on and about 15 feet behind one lady boarding we saw an ominous but delightful sight of a young orca jumping up. Wouldn’t it have made for a blog if it had gotten just that much closer? She didn’t seem too concerned when we waved her down, playing cool I think, yet she did come out of the water praise God, though not as fast as I would!
It was…thrilling. The longest time we have spent at the beach in a while, a whole 3 hours! It wasn’t cold nor too boiling. The Eddie Bauer 3 sided day tent was truly the best 20 bucks I've ever spent and we use it all the time.
After lunch we noted some body boarding going on and about 15 feet behind one lady boarding we saw an ominous but delightful sight of a young orca jumping up. Wouldn’t it have made for a blog if it had gotten just that much closer? She didn’t seem too concerned when we waved her down, playing cool I think, yet she did come out of the water praise God, though not as fast as I would!
After this we witnessed about 5-7 dolphins frolicking. Dive bombing birds were included. Definitely a day to stay out of the water.
To top off the day was the snack par excellance which I hadn’t planned on the agenda. That’s right, sand, ah gotta love it eh James? Yes that’s a sea shell for added flavor. Well Ok spit it out if you must.
It’s a wonderful life. Let’s make it count and not forget to share our riches with those who have less, both materially and spiritually.



1 comment:
Eileen, I'm happy to be reading your blog! I've heard so much about you and your kids from Christina - it's nice to put a face to a name! -Kaecey
Post a Comment